SPSS is composed of two inter-related facets, the statistical package itself and SPSS language, a system of syntax used to execute commands and procedures. Likewise, there are two approaches to using SPSS: (a) via the Graphical User Interface (GUI), a point-and-click approach already familiar to Windows users and (b) via the use of SPSS programming syntax.
With SPSS you can:
- enter your data into the computer
- calculate new variables
- manage the SPSS files
- select or weight cases in your data
- describe the data (frequencies, graphics, statistics)
- make statistical tests (t-test, chi-square test, correlation test, ...)
- make the statistical analysis (anova, regression, factor, discriminant, ...)
- select our results in the output window and move them to the text editor
SPSS can be purchased through e-SHOP. You must be a shopper in eSHOP. To access eSHOP, log in through Firefly.