MERC supports research and other data collection through consulting and direct services. If we have the expertise and availability, we can help with data support. This may include fundamental services such as data entry and transcription, or more advanced analyses and reporting. Examples of support we have provided include:
- Analyzing and reporting on past survey data, creating recommendations for improvements, and redesigning and conducting successive surveys.
- Cleaning data for analysis by others.
- Searching existing literature for prior questions and scales.
- Conducting thematic qualitative analyses on a large number of emails and open-ended survey responses.
- Creation of forms, checklists, and tracking tools.
- Producing graphs and figures from multiple data sources for presentations.
- Report editing and review.
- Taking survey data collected by others, appending auxiliary data, and creating reports and fact sheets that highlighted structural disparities in student experiences.